Clearwater Beach has the white, sugary sands associated with the Gulf Coast beaches. It was named after the crystal clear water where visibility is excellent. Waves are minimal on most days. Clearwater Beach is a favorite among both locals and tourists.
There are many restaurants, bars, shops, resorts, and a Walgreens within walking distance of the main parking area at Pier 60.
The birds at Clearwater Beach are fearless and will steal a sandwich or chip out of your hand. You have been warned.
Clearwater Beach is the only beach I have ever ended up swimming with dolphins, right by Pier 60. It is a bit shocking when they are suddenly swimming with you.
Times are based on no traffic. Use Google Maps to find the best route and check traffic before you leave.
- Distance from WDW:92.1 miles
- Travel time from WDW:1 hour 31 minutes
- Umbrella rentals:Yes
- Shelling: Mostly small ones. Lots of jingle shells.
- Other:Walking distance to many restaurants and hotels.
- Clearwater Beach Map
- Clearwater Beach Surf Report